Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Yay, more nausea...

It appears I am going to have more frequent days of nausea with this little one than I did with Tay. Today was one of those days where I just couldn't shake that queasy feeling all day...no matter what I ate or drank, that gross feeling just stuck with me. I still didn't need to make a run to the bathroom, but it literally felt like I had motion sickness all day...rather unpleasant.

I am noticing I prefer the salty tastes to the sweet, but I did enjoy a dark chocolate cupcake (from weelicious.com) today and it was fabulous. I also found that I can get worked up pretty easily (stressed out, that is), even when I really shouldn't. I feel like I am eating less healthy with this pregnancy than the first, but I honestly can't remember how or what I ate when I was pregnant with Tay, so I guess I can't really compare.

I'm so exhausted with this pregnancy, too. Just unbelieveably tired...I just want to take a nap all the time...just lie down and do nothing. But then...come nightfall, I can't sleep. It's like my clock's off or something. I wake up about four or five times a night just to check the time...and then when morning comes, it's so difficult to wake up and get moving.

Jeff's on a business trip this week, so it's just Tay and me...and we're doing okay, actually. I was a little worried that I might get fed up too quickly or lose my patience with her, but she's sweet as always and my patience runs deep when I'm with her alone...it's amazing what motherhood teaches and brings out...it's truly a beautiful thing.

I'm just glad Tay went down without a fight tonight because I had a lot to get done tonight (like dishes and laundry) that I meant to do during the day (lunchtime), but I was just too exhausted that I just lay around and rested...::sigh::

Pregnancy is really kicking my butt this go around, but I am excited for my appointment on Thursday.

I think everything about pregnancy is about waiting...and waiting...and waiting...even before getting pregnant, it's waiting for that first positive pregnancy test...then it's the constant waiting for the next doc appointment, the next trimester, the first fetal movement, the wondering about the gender, the due date...etc...etc...etc...a constant state of WAITING. Oy...it's a good thing my patience persists...like my nausea...ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment