Monday, February 22, 2010

Midnight sickness?

Well, I guess I can officially say I had my first bout of real "morning sickness" this weekend, but does it count if I got sick a bit past midnight???

We had all gone to bed, and I had my normal queasiness, but I figured it'd settle down once I went to sleep. Well, I did fall asleep, but around midnight, Tay woke up because she had to go pee-pee, so I got up with her to take her to the potty, but when I did, I felt a huge wave of nausea hit me. Luckily, I was able to hold it down, make it to the potty with her and back and laid her down to go back to sleep. After she fell back asleep, my nausea still hadn't gone away, so I decided to try and mitigate with some rice and Tabasco sauce (since it works so well during the day). Well, I got a few spoonfuls in when I felt that rush of saliva into my mouth like I was gonna ---- so I RAN to the bathroom and just made it to the toilet...and let's just say it wasn't pretty.

With a purged stomach and a burning throat from the Tabasco making its way back out, I brushed my teeth, sipped some cold water and laid back down to go to sleep. Thankfully, no more nausea that night...but let's just say, my throat was rather scratchy in the morning when I had to sing at Mass...::sigh::

I'm not sure what brought about the sudden violent nausea, but I'm glad it has passed in that short bout. I hope I don't have to do that again. I've only got a couple more weeks before my first trimester is complete...hopefully when I can say good bye to all the nausea, too. :)

Hope you're growing well in there, little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment