Thursday, March 11, 2010

11/12 week Doc Appointment

Today was the 11/12 week doctor's appointment for the little one growing in my belly. It was actually quite an exciting visit because I got there about 30 minutes earlier than my scheduled appointment time by accident, so the technician decided to see me a little earlier so she could let me see the little one via sonogram/ultrasound a bit longer.

First, she did the official measurments like the Crown-rum length, which was 5.9 cm (which means the baby is approximately at 12/13 weeks gestation) and the Nuchal translucency, which was 1.0mm (a good sign because normal is less than 3mm). Then, she just showed me around in there...like, the little one's face, arms and legs, some movement (I don't think it liked being pushed around in such a small space) and the spine. It was sitting with its head resting on its hand like the thinker, and it was sitting in a cross-legged position. :) Very cute...

And then...I got another special treat...she turned on the 3D ultrasound and showed me some amazing shots of the baby in 3D! Incredible that they could do that so early on in the pregnancy, but she didn't charge me any extra to see it! I felt so lucky...she even recorded some of the movement for me on a video clip and gave it to me on a disc, so when I figure out how to access it, I'll be sure to share...I know you all want to see. :) It's truly amazing, the capability these days. The little one's heart rate stayed pretty high at 158 beats per minute during this visit.

I keep wanting to call this little one a "she," and I think it's because I feel like it's a little girl in there, I guess we'll find out in a few more weeks, hopefully.

The doc says the baby's growing well and looking healthy, so my next visit will be another month from now. I hope between now and then, I lose the nausea and start gaining some energy back...man, this cold and exhaustion is really...tiring! :)

It was very refreshing to see that the little one's growing so well in there, though...it already looks pretty cramped, though, so maybe I should start wearing stretchier pants to give it more room...

I'm looking forward to the first fetal movement...:) yay...

No comments:

Post a Comment