Monday, June 21, 2010

No Phone Call Yet...

Well, so far, I've received no phone call regarding my glucose screening, which might mean good news that I am not gestationaly diebetic.  It's been almost a week, and usually they call within the week if anything is wrong.  We'll wait a few more days before the final determination. 

The doctor's visit last Tuesday went about as expected.  They told me I was gaining too much weight and told me I needed to go on a diet.  Eh.  Luckily, I am somewhat numbed to them saying it now, so it didn't have the effect it did the first few times.  :P  The baby has grown quite a bit since my last visit, too, though, so it's not just all me!  Anyhow, I'm now sitting around 27 weeks according to the size of the baby, and they said it's about time for me to start doing exercises to make the baby turn.  She's sitting in a breech position right now with her head snuggled up near my rib cage and constantly kicking my bladder.  It's so strange to have so much information this pregnancy.  I wouldn't have known if Tay was in a breech or otherwise position until at least week 36 or so...and probably wouldn't have worried about it.  Now I'm doing daily exercises already to get this little one to turn...but I think there's still too much room in there for her to stay in the head-down position.  A few times after the exercises, I'll feel her kicking up in my rib cage and think, oh, she's turned, but then later on that day, she'll be right back down by my bladder kicking away.  Maybe I should just wait a few more weeks before trying to get her turned...in the mean time, she seems to be just fine rolling around in there however she feels like rolling.

I've also tried adjusting my diet a little, mostly snacking on grape/cherry tomatoes - my latest "craving" persay.  It's hard trying to eat only healthy alternatives...for me, I think it's mostly portion control that I have issues with...and preventing myself from eating whatever is available at the time...

In other symptomatic news, I have had minor bloody noses for the past three or four days in the morning.  I think it's because our air conditioner finally works in the bedroom, so it's drying out my nasal passages, but I am sleeping a whole lot better since I'm not sweltering...is it worth the tradeoff?  Perhaps.  My lower back is also bothering me quite a bit, but I think that is mostly due to my sciatic nerve and carrying around Tay everywhere.  She doesn't feel heavy to me, but I can feel the ache in my lower back after I've carried her for a while and set her down. 

Another thing that has been on my mind lately is what Saint's name to give to little Riley since she will be baptized in the Catholic church shortly after she is born.  I'm hoping that she will be able to be baptized while my parents are still here visiting after her birth.  Some of my favorites with the September month association are Seraphia and Teresa, while Sophia is also one I like.  Also, who can we ask to be a God-parent for her?  Religion is increasingly important for me these days...I'm not exactly sure why...but I just feel the need for God's presence in our lives, and I want to raise our children with an awareness and understanding of God and His love for us. 

Oooo...another improvement from last week is that my crazy sweets craving has subsided, mostly, so I'm not craving chocolate every minute of every day.   :)  I am satisfied with a piece of fruit or even a cherry tomato!  Thank goodness.  Maybe I can finally get this weight under control...ha ha...

Anyway, I got my fit-to-fly memorandum for our vacation!  We fly on Saturday so I'm hoping for the best.  I never flew so far into my pregnancy last time around, so this should be interesting.  I hear I should walk a lot to prevent clots and swelling...I'll see what I can do.  Also...will they let pregnant women take snacks on board?

No comments:

Post a Comment